[mythtv-users] DB restore

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:25:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2015 2:45 PM, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> your
> >>

> >> I use Steppes, and when I woke the box was still on, so I opened Myth
> FE to
> >> see what it was recording, and was shocked to find the Terra theme
> "select
> >> country and Language screen" as I navigated through screens in a panic I
> >> saw one offering to update my database as it was 5000 versions outdated,
> >> hence my assumption. Is there any info I can post or paste to help
> diagnose
> >> what is going on here?
> >

> > This will happen if MythTV can't find your database.  It won't find your
> database if there's a problem with your config.xml or, for example, if you
> change around host names and/or IP addresses.  You haven't described your
> configuration at all (number of hosts, host names, which are dedicated
> backends or frontends and which are combined backend/frontend systems,
> location of mythconverg database, ...), so there are many reasons this
> could occur, but from the logs you posted, I see:
> >
> > Feb  2 11:23:17 daryl-A780L3C mythbackend: mythbackend[2483]: N
> thread_unknown mythdirs.cpp:68 (InitializeMythDirs) Using configuration
> directory = /home/mythtv/.mythtv
> > Feb  2 11:23:17 daryl-A780L3C mythbackend: mythbackend[2483]: N
> CoreContext mythcontext.cpp:504 (LoadDatabaseSettings) Empty LocalHostName.
> > Feb  2 11:23:17 daryl-A780L3C mythbackend: mythbackend[2483]: I
> CoreContext mythcontext.cpp:512 (LoadDatabaseSettings) Using localhost
> value of daryl-A780L3C
> >
> > and then a bunch of messages that show that mythbackend is connecting to
> an empty database on the local host.  Is the host name "daryl-A780L3C"
> really the one you want to use and the one you have been using for MythTV?
> Are you sure your ~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml specifies the proper location
> and connection information for your MySQL database?
> >
> > Mike

> I use a combined fe be only, yes "daryl-A780L3C" is the host name I have
> been using, I thought about using a different one a while back but staying
> with this one was simpler. I just checked the myth box,which is a Ubuntu
> desktop also and the chromium browser I had left open with gmail had closed
> and I was unable to relaunch it, just a few pulses then nothing. I' m going
> to look into the config files now.

Thanks Eric, but I'm still confused:

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mysql -u user mythconverg
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo mysql -u user mythconverg
[sudo] password for daryl:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo mysql mythconverg
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$