[mythtv-users] DB restore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 2 14:30:49 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 09:22 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, I woke up this morning to that Green Terra setup
> screen, evidently I need to restore my database.

Are you sure?  There should never be a case where you wake up to find
your database gone.  Why do you think you need to restore the database?

>   according to the Wiki the
> command "mythconverg_restore.pl" should do it, but I get "command not
> found" The script is present, what can I try next?
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythconverg_restore.pl
> mythconverg_restore.pl: command not found
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --version
> MythTV Database Restore Script
> mythconverg_restore.pl
> version: 1.0.18

If a program is not in your PATH, you must specify its location--exactly
as you did when you ran the script and passed it the --version argument
(and as described in the paragraph before the code box that showed the
command you tried first).