[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Newbie Questions

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Dec 31 23:11:59 UTC 2015

On 01/01/16 09:06, Kingsley Turner wrote:

> Ok, that seems to have cleared up all those problems, and it looks like
> the cross-compiled Qt is built A-OK.
>
> The next step was building mythtv, but it wants QtWebKit ~

> Building mythtv branch fixes-0.27-rpi (release)
> [...]
> Error! QtWebkit headers not found
>
> I added libqt5webkit5-dev qtbase5-dev to thepkgs="$pkgs libicu-dev" # Qt
> webkit line of the build script.
> This pulled in another 214 packages (eek!) during the apt update phase of
> the build script, but fixed the above error.

It's getting very close now!
Everything compiles, but the link borks for a bunch of the executables
(failing in the same way for each):

/home/kingsley/Code/rpi/mythinstall/lib/libQt5OpenGL.so: undefined reference
to `QDebug::resetFormat()'
../../libs/libmythui/libmythui-0.27.so: undefined reference to
`QSurfaceFormat::defaultFormat()'
../../libs/libmythbase/libmythbase-0.27.so: undefined reference to
`QtPrivate::QContainerImplHelper::mid(int, int*, int*)'
../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.27.so: undefined reference to
`QOpenGLContext::setNativeHandle(QVariant const&)'
../../libs/libmythbase/libmythbase-0.27.so: undefined reference to
`QDebug::~QDebug()'
make[2]: *** [mythfrontend] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-mythfrontend-make_first] Error 2
make: *** [programs] Error 2

So it looks like there's some header file clash between the unpacked Qt
source, and (I guessed) the Qt packages.
I couldn't work out how to remove just one package from this separated apt-
local packages structure, so I nuked everything under mythbuild/RPI2, and
removed qtbase5-dev from the package list.  Re-running necessitated a large
download for my 3rd-world internets.

BTW: Is there an easier way to remove a package from this local apt repository ?

However we're back to the same problem.  So it must be a clash with the
libqt5webkit5-dev package, I guess I can remove this too, but then we'll be
back at the broken compilation stage.