[mythtv-users] Plex integration

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:43:34 UTC 2015

> On 29 Dec 2015, at 6:44 pm, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
>
> Sorry to be so tardy to the party... I just set up plex yesterday.
>
> Phil -- I did find that plugin for Plex and I got it installed no problem.
>
> I am (don't laugh) on MythTV 0.25.2 (CentOS thang ya know) -- and the plug does show me shows (first level by title), but selecting any show times out and results with "This Channel is not responding"
>
> Using the other sort methods ultimately result in the same "this channel is not responding" problem.
>
> Is there something else I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ben
>
> p.s. Myth and Plex are on the same system. I didn't do any "directory" setup to where my MythTV recordings sit (and am not using mythlink.pl <-- is that needed? It sounded like the plex plugin was standalone and complete)

Yes, it should be stand alone. I initially had a similar issue but at loading the initial lists, not loading the actual show. For me turning off Plex data caching helped, although counter intuitive. Divide long recording lists into pages also didn't seem to work so I turned it off too. I also left the experimental features off.

It works very well for me now. (Fixes 0.27).

Try changing some of the settings and see if anything helps.

Otherwise there are Plex log files, they vary based on OS but would probably need to start delving into those to try and work out more.