[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Newbie Questions

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Dec 30 19:15:34 UTC 2015

On 30/12/15 20:38, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 19:18 +1100, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>> http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/jessie/InRelease Unable to
>> find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
>> sources.list entry or malformed file)
> This indicates apt-get is looking for i386 (host) packages, which is
> wrong.  Could it be a temporary problem while the repository is being
> updated?  Have you tried again with the same result?
>
>> I am supposed to be running this on my workstation right?
> Correct.  You should run mythbuild.sh on a Debian compliant host system
> which provides apt-get.  The host should have the standard development
> tools (apt-get install build-essential).
>
> The mythbuild.sh script creates an apt.conf file that specifies the
> armhf architecture.  Using that configuration, apt-get should fetch
> packages only for armhf.  This looks like apt-get is misbehaving.  Could
> you tell me the output from:
>
> lsb_release -a; uname -i; apt-get --version

[Snugglepot] lsb_release -a; uname -i; apt-get --version
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    LinuxMint
Release:    17
Codename:    qiana
x86_64
apt 1.0.1ubuntu2 for amd64 compiled on Aug  1 2015 19:20:48
Supported modules:
*Ver: Standard .deb
*Pkg:  Debian dpkg interface (Priority 30)
  Pkg:  Debian APT solver interface (Priority -1000)
  S.L: 'deb' Standard Debian binary tree
  S.L: 'deb-src' Standard Debian source tree
  Idx: Debian Source Index
  Idx: Debian Package Index
  Idx: Debian Translation Index
  Idx: Debian dpkg status file
  Idx: EDSP scenario file

> A shot in the dark, but if your host is a 64-bit you could try appending
> this line to mythbuild/apt-rpi/downloader.conf.  You will find this file
> in the directory that you ran mythbuild.sh from.
>
> APT::Architectures "armhf";
I appended this line, but it was already the first line in the file.

But in any event, now it seems to be working.  Maybe it was the repository.

cheers,
-kt