[mythtv-users] Problem with latest run of optimize_mythdb.pl

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Dec 30 03:53:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-29 at 01:48 +0100, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jerome,
>
> Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 1:38:54 AM, you wrote:
>
> > On Monday, December 28, 2015 10:05:56 PM Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> >> Hoi Jerome,

> > Does anyone have a definitive answer or definitive experience with optimizing a running system?
>
> There are scripts around for checking on future activity (for the
> shutdown/awake process). Make a script that checks before running
> optimize on at least a half hour window (or how long the script runs
> on your backend plus 20%.)

Possibly people are get overly enthusiastic about this optimizing..
Maybe you should run it once a month or year..
When I ran this optimize script it made no difference to recording
access time on 8 yr old database.
But I had regenerated all seektables more than once.

If you have H264 recordings & they are more than 2-3 years old then you
may benefit greatly by rebuilding the seektables because the old ones
have incorrect data.