[mythtv-users] Can't change volume from 0

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Dec 28 17:23:26 UTC 2015

Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC, each FE has it's own settings in the database.

Yup, cloned those, and the keybindings. Settings seem to be the same.

Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also check alsamixer on whether it is not muted there!

That seems to be OK as well.

Thing is, pressing Volume Up (or F11 or ] or } on the keyboard) does bring up the overlay - but the volume won't shift off 0%

BTW - what does "\" do during Live TV live/recorded TV/video playback ? It's only mapped to Mute in key bindings, but it seems to bring up a menu that flickers then disappears behind the video. If I then hold down up or down, I can see a menu flickering that appears to be prompting to press the first key of the program name, and a scrolling menu of the alphabet with programs I've got recorded (even when I'm watching a video).