[mythtv-users] Problem with latest run of optimize_mythdb.pl

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:18:24 UTC 2015

I normally run optimize_mythdb.pl once a day to keep the database in good
condition.  Today's run reported an error:

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as
crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed at
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl line
38.

I manually re-ran it and got the same result.  Short of restoring
yesterday's backup of the database (which would mean a loss of data for
recordings done in the last day), is there anything else to do?  I can
manage mysql commands, but I don't do it routinely, so any direct
intervention in the database would need to be clearly detailed.

If the best approach is to restore yesterday's DB backup, is there anything
to be done to recover data about the recordings that were done since the
backup?  Maybe I just need to run find-orphans or something else, or should
I extract data from the tables in the current database to re-enter into the
restored instance?  (That last would definitely be something I'd need help
and guidance on performing.)

Advice?

--
Craig.