[mythtv-users] Any setting in GUI to stop advert detection jobs?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:00:43 UTC 2015

> On 23 Dec 2015, at 9:10 am, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hoi Tony,
>
> Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 11:17:22 PM, you wrote:

>> I'm aware I could go through and mark each channel as being advert free
>> (either manually or via SQL if I can figure out the table and field name),
>> but it would be nice if there was some way to simply turn off commercial
>> detection.
>
>> thanks!

> A short could be placing a dummy command in place of the regular
> commercial detection command.
>
> Tot mails,
>  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

I think someone posted a neat trick to do exactly this not too long ago. I think it was replace the advert detection command (in mythtv-setup) with /bin/true (may vary from distro to distro?). Otherwise something like sleep 1?

Although if it were me I would be keen to get the advert detection working again, as far as I am aware it shouldn't be broken? What were the specific symptoms? Fails to run / start? Errors out? No commercials detected?