[mythtv-users] Random system freezes -- clueless

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Dec 18 16:04:06 UTC 2015

On 18/12/15 15:27, Craig Huff wrote:
> Thanks for the ideas.  This is a new (~2 month old) replacement build for
> my old MythTV server.
>
> I never heard of the SysReq keys before.  I'll give the few that seem
> appropriate a try (many won't work if the screen is unresponsive).  Seems a
> try with a spare power supply is in order, too.  Will also be running
> memtest again. And reseating cards and cable connectors.  This is a
> relatively new power supply, but infant mortality strikes everything when
> you least expect it.

I would also consider overheating. Even if it is a new system it is possible that the cpu heatsink
can become clogged up if the airflow through the box isn't right.

Another possibility is that the heatsink hasn't been properly bonded to the cpu, which can cause
overheating under stress.

--

Mike Perkins