[mythtv-users] Mythtv on CentOS 7

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Dec 17 13:51:08 UTC 2015

On 14/12/15 11:01, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> Centos 7 has all the required Qt4 / Qt5 libraries to build MythTV 0.27
> and 0.28.
>
> With the help of rpmfusion and epel, you will have pretty much
> everything you need.
>
> For the benefit of everyone there are ansible cookbooks already done
> that support Centos.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/ansible
>
> Install ansible and git packages, clone the above repo, then run as root
>
> # ansible-playbook -i hosts qt4.yml
> # ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml
>
> and everything you need gets installed :)
>

> Regards
> Stuart Auchterlonie
> MythTV Developer

It seems that qt4 and qt5 devel packages don't happily coexist.  After
running *both* these ansible-playbook commands my old qt4-based 0.28-pre
srpm wouldn't rebuild, and attempts at a qt5-based build failed too -
both well before the package-building stage.  The old srpm rebuilt after
I had removed the qt5 devel packages.

After uninstalling the qt4 devel packages, and reinstalling qt5 devel,
my revised specfile has now delivered what appears to be a full set of
MythTV el7 rpms from the current master tarball, and a rebuild of the
el7 srpm appears to have worked in f22 too.  I'm intending to install
and try the f22 packages first.  Hold tight....

Thanks,

John P