[mythtv-users] Copy-Once Terror Begins In San Francisco

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Dec 16 15:48:55 UTC 2015

Scanning my news channels this morning, Fox News (not my usual
destination, just one channel I scan) failed to lock. Knowing that
others have said that Fox has requested copy-once status on networks
other than Comcast, I checked the copy flag. It actually came up ok:

$ hdhomerun_config 131992E4 set /tuner2/vchannel 760
$ hdhomerun_config 131992E4 get /tuner2/vstatus
vch=760 name=FOX NEWS HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a

So it was some transient problem. But checking some others:

$ hdhomerun_config 131992E4 set /tuner2/vchannel 797
$ hdhomerun_config 131992E4 get /tuner2/vstatus
vch=797 name=MGM HD auth=subscribed cci=protected-copyonce cgms=n/a

Not that I'm going to miss MGM's old movies, but now I've gotta keep an
eye out for more changes by Comcast. Sigh.