[mythtv-users] MythCenterXMAS-wide theme updated to version 1.3

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Wed Dec 16 00:15:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> Sounds like there is a problem with the version reported by the Gentoo
> build. What do you see if you press MENU and click 'About' when on the main
> menu screen?
>
> Anyway we think the problem with only version 1.0 being available for 0.27,
> 0.27.1, 0,27.2 and 0.27.3 users should be fixed when the theme update script
> runs next around 4:40 UTC so you should pick up the new version after that.

I believe this was already sorted out elsewhere in the thread, but in
general Gentoo aims to stay close to the fixes branch on whatever
release we're following (which is generally the latest stable
release).

The about info will show Branch: fixes/0.27, and the revision will be
the hash of the last commit in that branch when we packaged it.
Gentoo versions are dated to whatever date the repo was fetched.
Other than that about the only patching we do is adjusting the build
system for paths/etc, making the version reporting meaningful, and so
on.  We don't do anything special with themes as far as I am aware.

--
Rich