[mythtv-users] Comcast goes Mpeg4 in Atlanta

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 00:49:04 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if this will help anybody, but I attempted to write a crude
script that runs through the channels (2-999) and writes the stream
detected to a file.  It probably needs a bit of help as on unknown streams,
it writes "Version" to the file, but other than that, I think it works
pretty well.  Granted, I only found mpeg2, but it still may be helpful to
some.

http://pastebin.com/6ZchWTV4

Basically, put in your hdhomerun box id in the <number> section, make sure
ffmpeg and hdhomerun are on your box, and run.

Mike