[mythtv-users] Comcast goes Mpeg4 in Atlanta

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Dec 13 21:44:57 UTC 2015

On 12/12/2015 8:53 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> Oh, I'm on Comcast in the SF Bay Area. I'm just getting my ducks in a row. I
>> assume this will happen to us at some point.
> Quack Quack.  The ducks are aligning for those in the SF Bay Area.
>
> According to a post here:
> http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/HD-Enhanced-Program/m-p/2650965#M138185
> you may start seeing notification letters next week (depending on
> when you get your bills/etc.) and the cut-over starts in February
> (finishing in April).  As always, Comcast will remind you that they
> reserve the right to change the schedules.

I was hoping to find an MPEG4 test channel here in my Comcast SF Bay
Area setup. Doing a channel scan on my HDHR Prime I see 998 CTCH
ColorBar and 1999 EAS. However Myth cannot tune or record from either of
them. Nothing like the channel 1992 or 1995 mentioned regarding the
Atlanta area.

I am subscribed:

$ hdhomerun_config 131992E4 get /tuner2/vstatus
vch=998 name=CTCH (color bar auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a