[mythtv-users] automatic cueing of series

Kim johansen mythtv at weiser.dk
Thu Dec 10 20:38:06 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I have my lovely MythTV recording a series in the TV.

My problem is that this TV channel is not very strict to time. So the
program is often 10-15 mins delayed. it is no problem with the
recording, I just make sure it record a long period after the scheduled
ending.

But it miss a auto cue tool, or something like that.
Because it is a series it has the same intro every time, so is there an
way to analyse and locate a video snip in the big video, fx. find the a
5 sec video part of the intro. Like finding a text sting in a larger
text string?

It don't have to be a tool inside MythTV, it can also be some command
tool for scripting, and a user job can be called when the recording is
finished.

Maybe I'm just dreaming of something which is not possible, but it could
be really nice to have...

Thanks,

Kim Johansen