[mythtv-users] interface an Anrdoid STB with MythTV system?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:56:55 UTC 2015

On 12/09/2015 11:05 AM, James Miller wrote:

> Sorry about the unclarity. Under mythtv-setup, Host address backend setup, both local backend and master backend have 127.0.0.1 entered in the
> IP address blank. Port is 6543 on both, and status port is 6544 under local backend. From what you're saying, I gather the actual IP the MythTV
> box has on my LAN needs to be entered into one or both of those blanks, correct?

You've got it. And both is the answer because if the addresses mismatch,
then the backend is known to be a slave backend. With the 127... addresses,
you'll see entries in the backend log about UPnP being deactivated (I don't
recall the actual wording.)

If you need an impartial test, then from a remote browser, enter this

     <yourBackendHostNameOrIP>:6544/Myth/GetHostName

If the backend is setup correctly, you'll get something like this:

     <String>yourHostNameHere</String>

If that doesn't work, then the app won't.

--
Bill