[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings doesn't list size of single recording

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:06:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:47 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
> wrote:
>

>> Curious about an oddity I just noticed in 0.27.4 Watch Recordings using
>> the MythCenter-Wide theme.
>>

>> As I scroll through the master (left list) there is a comment below the
>> Show Title like
>>

>> "There are 5 recordings in this display group, which consume 6.60GB"
>>

>> Except when there's only 1 recording, like a movie:
>>

>> "There is 1 recording in this display group"
>>

>> Why special-case this comment and not show the size of that file?
>>

>> --
>>
>> A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca

> In Steppes Wide I can see the size of any single recording on the right
> with the description of the recording, redundancy?

Take a look at function PlaybackBox::updateGroupInfo in
mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp.  It has:

if (countInGroup > 1)

for the part of the code which adds the "consume" message.  If you want to
see when that line was last modified, you can do

$ git blame mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp

and then search for that line.  On the left you will see the commit hash.
In this case it is 7349a860.  You can get the details about that change by
doing:

$ git show 7349a860

commit 7349a860a4416017ec9d6e2c2cd0641ec2b3d4e4 Author: David Engel
Date: Thu Jan 31 20:02:28 2013 -0600

Remove the Delete Recordings screen.

This screen was nearly functionally identical to the Watch Recordings
screen. The primary differences between the two were the default sorting
order and whether the default SELECT action deleted or played the currently
selected recording. The one, small, hard-coded feature of Delete Recording
to display the total disk space used by a group has been added to Watch
Recordings. The remaining difference is the displayed information and that
is controlled by the theme. Of the included themes, only MythCenter-wide
had specail support for Delete Recordings. For it, the total disk usage
bar-graph has been added to Watch Recordings.

John