[mythtv-users] interface an Anrdoid STB with MythTV system?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Dec 9 17:05:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, Bill Meek wrote:

> I'm not sure what the 1st last  part of the above mean. The backend's IP
> address
> must be set in the app (6544 is the correct port unless you changed it on
> your
> backend.) The backend should be listening on the same address e.g.
> 192.168.1.123.

Sorry about the unclarity. Under mythtv-setup, Host address backend setup,
both local backend and master backend have 127.0.0.1 entered in the IP
address blank. Port is 6543 on both, and status port is 6544 under local
backend. From what you're saying, I gather the actual IP the MythTV box
has on my LAN needs to be entered into one or both of those blanks,
correct?

> Assuming 0.27, additional information is available with: mythbackend
> --setverbose upnp
> Then look in the backend log. But if the 127... address is used in the
> backend or the app,
> then you'll get no connections.

Yes, this is 0.27. I've used the Myth machine's actual LAN IP in the app.