[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Bart Whiteley bart.lists at whiteley.org
Tue Dec 8 23:10:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Codrington <
andrew.codrington at fidenti.ca> wrote:

> 6. Bookmarking
>
> I have a couple of frontends around the house now and enjoy being able to
> start a show on one, save a bookmark, and then pick it up again later from
> the bookmark using the same frontend or a different frontend.

Bookmarks are currently stored in iCloud, so they are synced across all
your Apple TVs. They are not synced with the native MythTV FE though. I
would like to store the bookmarks on the BE instead of iCloud so they are
shared with the native FE. It looks like there is a way to do that but it
is not straightforward. Someone sent me a link to a Python script that does
it, but I haven't had a chance to reverse-engineer it yet.

> I'm on mythtv .28 so I can contribute to testing with that version. Sounds
> like that may matter for the Service API support.

Yes, please let me know how it works on .28.