[mythtv-users] Plex integration

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 20:38:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Min Idzelis <min123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You also have to ensure the perms of the target (
>  /storage/recordings/2157_20140227040000.mpg) allow reading. If you are
> sharing the symlink itself, you have:
>
> follow symlinks = yes
>
> wide links = yes (maybe, if your target is in a non-shared tree)
>

> Here are the perms for the target:

drwxrwxr-x    2    500 mythtv 356352 Dec  8 04:55 recordings

-rw-r--r--   1 mythtv mythtv  1237659460 Sep 23 23:02
2662_20150924053100.mpg

does plex need write access as well?

Unsure what those commands for the symlinks do or where/how to issue them.
That seems like a samba thing.  Does Plex use Samba?  The server is on my
mythbox as are the recordings (the only thing samba related is the music is
on my windows box and mounted that way, but no issues with plex accessing
those files).