[mythtv-users] when auto-commflagging doesn't

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sat Dec 5 21:00:52 UTC 2015

On 12/4/2015 3:44 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca
> <mailto:jerome at supernet.ab.ca>> wrote:
>
>     __
>
>     On Friday, December 04, 2015 10:58:02 AM Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>     > On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca <mailto:jerome at supernet.ab.ca>> wrote:
>
>     >

>     > > [0.27.4]
>
>     > >

>     > > I set all my recordings to auto-commflag. Sometimes they just don't.
>
>     > > Pressing CommSkip says "Not Flagged" and MythWeb Backend Status says "0
>
>     > > commercial breaks". Right now Thursday Night Football is one of those
>
>     > > cases. Recordings made just a couple hours ago were flagged just fine.

Are you seeing "0 commercial breaks" while the recording is in progress?
In that case, then the commflag job terminated too early.

>     > > Here's what was logged:
>
>     > >

>     > > Dec 3 18:25:02 tv mythbackend: 2015-12-03 18:25:02.177554 I JobQueue:
>
>     > > Commercial Detection Starting for "NFL Football":"Green Bay Packers at
>
>     > > Detroit Lions" recorded from channel 2006 at 2015-12-04T01:25:00Z
>
>     > >

>     > > Dec 3 18:25:02 tv mythbackend: 2015-12-03 18:25:02.677134 E
>
>     > > ProgramInfo(2006_20151204012500.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
>
>     > > '2006_20151204012500.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>
>     > >

>     > > But I'm watching the game, and it's still recording. And the file exists:
>
>     > >

>     > > -rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv mythtv7372670604 <tel:7372670604> Dec 3 19:48
>
>     > > /recording/tv/2006_20151204012500.mpg
>
>     > >

>     > > What's amiss?
>
>     >

>     >

>      > there is a setting, somewhere that tells myth to comflag right
>     away, if you
>
>     > have the grunt or wait until later for lighter machines. do you recall
>
>     > making this setting?
>
>     Yep I have that set. The real problem is the file that can't be
>     found even though it exists.

That error message may not indicate a real problem. I get it sometimes
in mythbackend.log, even though the commflag job does run OK. The real
answer would be in the mythcommflag.log with timestamps around the same
time. But since you are seeing "0 commercial breaks" that suggests
either the job terminated too soon, or mythcommflag couldn't find any
commercial breaks. mythweb does show when the job stopped and if that
time is before the recording finished, then it could well be the file
wasn't created in time for the commflag job to find it.

>     > I tell myth not to comflag on football games because when commercials
>
>     > surround kick-offs they get sandwiched in the flag and missed along with
>
>     > potentially great run backs.
>
>     I see that too, NFL and CFL, but am used to it now and like to take
>     advantage of the ability to flag on the fly since I can with my new box.
>
>     --
>
>     A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca

> Since comflag ran and no breaks show up, maybe no ads were found? I
> think you could ask comflag to run again, highlight the recording, hit M
> , and job options, comflag should be in there, up to you .

If the job terminated too soon (possibly because the recording file
didn't exist when the job started), you should be able to restart it as
Daryl suggested from the "Watch Recordings" screen. The fact that you
can watch the recording means the file now exists and it makes sense to
restart the job. You will have to stop playback to get that menu option.

HTH,
Helen