[mythtv-users] Plex integration

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 06:48:15 UTC 2015

On 5 Dec 2015 14:38, "Gabe Rubin" <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I added a roku to one of my tvs that does not have a frontend.  I want to
use the plex app on the roku to access my recordings.  I have added the
mythtv channel to plex to do this, but want plex to have see the recordings
on its own.

> I use mythlink to create human readable names for my recordings and have
that in a directory called /recordings.  When I try to add a library and
navigate to that directory, it appears empty.  I am unsure what needs to be
done for plex to see these.  Incidentally, I have a directory /music that
plex has no issues seeing and was able to successfully add a music library
using the same method.

Not sure if you know but there is a Plex plugin or channel (not sure of
exact terminology) for MythTV. Once you set that up all the recordings
appear with their proper titles and you don't need mythlink etc. I have it
on mine. Let me know if you can't find it and I can check my server for
more details.

Have a look at
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/152258/plex-frontend-to-mythtv