[mythtv-users] OT: 4K TV. But why (yet)?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 08:18:24 UTC 2015

Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> (*) There are more than a few reports regarding the
> productivity enhancements of 4K monitors on the
> desktop.  But, as with all else, this too varies.

It does indeed vary.
They've been getting some 4k monitors at work, mostly for the devs. But the helldesk guy has one as well. They've had "some issues" driving them - I think a lot are down to using USB3 display adapters to get DisplayPort.

I was asked if I wanted one, but my MacBook Pro won't drive one. On the upside, during the shuffling an "ultrawide" screen came up, and once I'd got a DP cable to connect it, I've now got 2560x(IIRC)1200 which is a useful it of screen estate.