[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Tue Dec 1 20:50:44 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 11:06 AM, Bart Whiteley wrote:

>     Are you developing this on your own or are you looking to build a
>     team? Would you like feedback?
>

> It's just me in my spare time. Are you interested in collaborating?
> Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for your work.  With ATV4, I'm able to combine my Plex/Kodi
library along with streaming services, and now MythTV front-end.  I was
hoping MythTV would come and I was surprised that someone tackled it so
soon.  I bought your app last night after reading this discussion, and
it is a great start. Here's my feedback:

1. The menu for "Play"/"Delete" after selecting a show is clunky.  I
think it just go straight into playing the show because that is what I
want 99% of the time.  If I hit the menu button, then I should be given
some options, including delete.

2. Having MythTV groupings show up as a top hierarchy would be nice.  I
record almost all the local news, but I have it in a "News" group, away
from the "Default".  Having it all combined makes it more difficult to
find something.

3. Alphabetical sorting of the show list in addition to "Most Recent".

4. I prefer Apple's navigation interface over the swiping up and down in
an effort to emulate MythTV's.  I believe it is possible to distinguish
clicks on the left and right side of the remote for skipping forward and
back.  It would be nice to have the standard navigation as a option to
the MythTV navigation.  Swiping down should bring down the upper menu
with audio and close-captioning options, like it does elsewhere.

5. Commercial skipping. :)