[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Aug 30 22:42:26 UTC 2015

On 8/29/2015 8:07 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> $ dnf search ir-keytable
> Last metadata expiration check performed 4 days, 3:10:50 ago on Tue
> Aug 25 13:55:20 2015.
> Matched: ir-keytable
> v4l-utils.x86_64 : Utilities for video4linux and DVB devices

Got v4l-utils installed. Ran ir-keytable:

$ir-keytable
--device=/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:14.0-usb-0:1:1.0-event-ir -t
Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

And... nothing.

Okay guys. You said this receiver works. Who said they've bought several
dozen? This is an *IR* receiver right and not a radio receiver? I'm
trying to use it with a third party remote, an RCA, that I use with my
other IR receivers. So I know it's generating codes.

I'm aiming the remote towards the bump at the top. I don't see any wraps
or other obstructions that might block the IR signal.

Any ideas?