[mythtv-users] ECS Liva Back to $100

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:59:16 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>
>> Anybody know how to test bluetooth? Running bluetoothctl give me a
>> bluetooth# prompt but hangs my ssh session. The Liva remains running.
>>

> As far as I can tell the Bluetooth is not supported in Linux. I searched
> around  for it but didn't find anyone who had any success. FYI, I have my
> Liva set up in a back bedroom and am using it as an WiFi AP to improve my
> network signal in that part of the house. Works great (I'm using it right
> now). I'm on Gentoo, but I documented the setup here:
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1006786.html
>
> Karl

On my first liva, I thought the little plastic protective cover would just
pull off over the connector but that pulled the connector off instead.  I
managed to get the other antenna on, and soldered the wire of the one I
broke on.  I get very poor results on that one.  I think that the connector
is actually coaxial so that makes sense, I am basically grounding one of
the antenna inputs.  For my next one, I got a pair of 3x glasses, and very
carefully lined it up.  It takes a while, but I managed to do it.  I get
good scan results on it.  After that, the third one was a breeze.

Good luck!