[mythtv-users] Mythweb's Recorded Programs page takes a long time to render in Firefox

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 22:02:30 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 19:11, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Here is what I do:
>>>
>>> Click on the Key & Wrench icon
>>> Click on TV in the left hand menu
>>> Set 'Page recorded programs' pull down menu to you preferences. I set mine to 50
>>>
>>> Press Save
>>>
>> Unfortunately that only lasts until you exit Firefox. I suspect it disappears
>> along with any other 'private browsing' settings.
>
> It's stored in your MythWeb session.  Your MythWeb session is maintained by a
> persistent (non-session) cookie on your browser. However, if you're accessing an
> authenticated MythWeb, your MythWeb session is maintained by your logged-in
> username.  Therefore, just ensure you've configured MythWeb to require
> authentication (something which, IMHO, should always be done, anyway) and that
> said authentication is working properly, and your session configuration
> (including number of programs to display on the Recorded Programs page) will be
> maintained, even if you browse in private mode (I'm assuming you'd only do that
> on someone else's computer, since I don't think you have to worry about your
> wife noticing that you've browsed the MythWeb site... ;) or across multiple
> devices.

Why on Earth would I want to bother logging in to Mythweb? It's a webserver on a
DVR, not my bank.

I do take security seriously, before you ask, and I don't allow anyone port 80
access (or indeed, port anything access) from outside the LAN. I just don't see
the point of setting up users for Mythweb when there's enough passwords having
to be entered for everything else.

--

Mike Perkins