[mythtv-users] Problems with Listing Descriptions

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 26 00:50:14 UTC 2015

On 8/25/2015 5:31 PM, Bret Clark wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 01:35 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> You should go into mythtv-setup -> Channel Editor, and check that
>> each channel has 'Use on-air guide' unchecked.
>>
>> Or get to the mysql console and use:
>>
>> select chanid, channum, useonairguide from channel where
>> useonairguide = "1";
>>
>> to see what is (mis)set.
>>
>> The latter is a LOT faster when you have many many channels!
>>

>> Geoff
>>

> Thanks for the tip, all my channels had it as "1", so I changed them
> to all "0", truncated the program table and re-ran
> mythfilldatabase...so far it seems to be a lot better.  Hopefully that
> was the problem...thank you for the suggestion!
>
> Bret

I just ran that same mysql statement on my mythtv FE/BE.  It shows all
of my channels with the value of "1" (useonairguide="1").  I seem to
remember that this use to be the default value (0.21) (maybe it still
is), since I have never changed it.  I am using Schedules Direct for
listings and do NOT have any guide program description truncation
problems.  I thought their was some global use EIT data option somewhere
that I have disabled.  So I think, at least for me, the useonairguide
setting is ignored.

Jay