[mythtv-users] ir-keytable, map > and <

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 24 19:53:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> I am setting-up my first remote using ir-keytable, most of it has been very
> smooth. If I understand correctly, there is no way to directly map
> greater-than (>) or less-than keys without using an external shell script.
> However, this was from 2013, has anything changed since then?

I think if you want to do that sort of thing, you're better off using
LIRC's event driver.

You could also avoid the problem entirely by binding more than one key
to those functions in MythTV.  (e.g. putting both '>' and
KEY_FASTFORWARD in your MythTV configuration for the same action, then
using KEY_FASTFORWARD in your ir key table.)

Eric