[mythtv-users] pen Source Linux driver for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 (1080p over HDMI) released!

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Aug 23 14:26:20 UTC 2015

On 23/08/15 09:35 AM, eric wrote:
> > I might be wrong, let the knowledgeable people speak up, but for me a
> > driver creates a device like for instance /dev/video0, which will allow
> > other applications, not just testApp, to access the hardware device and
> > make their own capture.
>
> It is a user space driver, not a kernal v4l driver.
>
> It seems like it should be possible to use the test app with mythtv. I
> think there is a external recorder option in 0.28 that may work with
> this?? I am really interested in getting this working as my hdpvr 1
> will sometimes decide to have a couple of days problems (lockups
> needing power cycling, 0 byte recordings, etc...) followed by many
> weeks of no issues....
> Does anyone know the status of 0.28? Is it stable enough to be used?
> or is the external recorder option something that can be back ported
> to 0.27?

Can't speak to the external recorder  option, haven't used it myself.
As to  the status of 0.28, my household has been running it for a couple
of months now with *no **real issues.

* I'm actually about a month behind master right now, haven't had time
to push any recent updates from my test system(s) to the house's network.

** Had a issue with a few isolated easily avoidable things, but they've
been resolved in master, just haven't fixed them on my system yet.