[mythtv-users] debugging duplicate recordings

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Aug 20 15:56:26 UTC 2015

On Aug 19, 2015, at 9:40 PM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have thoughts about why Myth is recording these episodes twice or
> advice for further troubleshooting?

It could be myth is marking the episodes as damaged which I believe earns them an automatic rerecord. You can check this by going into mysql and doing:

    select starttime, title, subtitle from recordedprogram
    where FIND_IN_SET('DAMAGED', videoprop)
    order by starttime;

I also get stuff that rerecords for no apparant reason but am too lazy to check the DB. Myth offers themes the ability to indicate damage but I don’t think any are using it. Or maybe they do, I only use Blue Abstract and it doesn’t. I keep meaning to tweak it one of these days but...

- George