[mythtv-users] recording templates?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Aug 20 04:12:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 06:44:19 PM Frank Phillips wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
> wrote:

> > > hardware. What I'm looking for is a definable cluster of settings that
> can
> > > apply beyond the available profiles.

> auto
> > > racing) that doesn't do metadata lookup and adds 2 hours to the end. An
> > > "Indoor Sport" profile (for hockey and football in a covered stadium)
> would
> > > add only 30 minutes.

> > > Yes, do more reading and find the right word to Google ("template" not
> > > "profile") and it's in Manage Recording Rules.
> > >

> > I don't think there's a wiki article for it. Here's some info:
> > https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/71c65b/mythtv
>
> Thanks. I found and set up a test rule, but it's not available in MythWeb
> where I do all my scheduling. :( Somewhere I read "patches welcome" so I
> grabbed a copy of MythWeb from git and will be looking to see if I can make
> myself useful.

Be aware that MythWeb is not going to be supported in 0.28 onward. There is
an internal web server which should hopefully replace the key features of
MythWeb. But, maybe it's not a big deal to add template support to MythWeb
(I know the MythWeb code somewhat and I would guess it wouldn't be too
difficult).

Karl