[mythtv-users] Probably a dumb question..Myth History

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 19 16:44:57 UTC 2015

On 08/19/2015 10:12 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/19/2015 08:03 AM, Joey Morris wrote:
>> My understanding from the wiki and previous discussion on the
>> list is that Myth first checks the programid then falls back to the
>> duplicate
>> matching setting if the programids don't provide sufficient info.
>
> To clarify, if both episodes have a program ID, that is used as the
> definitive answer of whether they are the same episode and the chosen
> duplicate matching method is ignored.  There is no such thing as
> "programids don't provide sufficient info," only "program ID does not
> exist on one or the other or both episodes."
>
> See, also, https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching

So thinking about it, I'm guessing you meant generic program IDs when
you said ones that don't provide sufficient info.  That would make your
description pretty close, but I prefer to think of generic program IDs
as positively identifying the episode as "unknown" (and, therefore,
should be recorded just in case, unless explicitly excluded by the
recording rule).

Mike