[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Aug 18 17:56:32 UTC 2015

On 18/08/15 11:54, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 18/08/15 11:00, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>
>> I for one have found the new UI MythMusic to be excellent but for one
>> small niggle!!
>>
>> The volume level popup which 'eats' all further remote control keys
>> (other
>> than ESC) until it times out and disappears. This may be a
>> MythCentre-Wide
>> theme issue but *I* find it *so* irritating!!
>>
>> If MythTV was written in 'C', assembler or machine code I could probably
>> fix it but C++ - I just don't get it :(
>>
>> Cheers Paul and all...
>>

> Now you mention it...  I have been trying to find a way of relocating
> popups in MythCenter-Wide - but when using the 'Search' (Ctrl/S)
> facility in screens like Previously Recorded.  The search works fine,
> but the box covers much of the info I hoped to find.
>
> And I see Paul has committed a couple of MM tweaks recently.  I'll try
> to give them a whirl, but for much of the time I'm content to accept
> the results of the BBC's knowledgeable playlist compilers. No MythTV
> involved then.  :-)
>
> John

You just need to change or add the <searchposition> element of the
buttonlist you are trying to change the position of the search popup for.

So for the 'Previous Recorded' I think it uses the 'programlist' window
definition so change the <searchposition> here :-
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/schedule-ui.xml#L1025

The first value is the horizontal position and the second is the
vertical position with 0 being at the top. -1 means centre the position.

Paul H.