[mythtv-users] clean install

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:17:10 UTC 2015

On Aug 15, 2015 11:24 PM, "Cody Hofstetter" <codyhofstetter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Daryl,
>
> As mentioned by others, I would recommend checking out the Mythbuntu
distro and as Peter Bennett recommended; the user manual. Some important
basic information we'll need to help further is what tuner device you are
using (Ceton, Hauppauge, Silicondust), how you plan to use it OTA (Over The
Air) or as a CableCard device, and do you plan on using a schedules direct
account?

> --
> If you have any questions feel free to contact me at this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Cody Hofstetter
> CodyHofstetter at gmail.com
> CodyHofstetter.com

It's a HP1850 if memory serves, and yes it is for OTA.

The setup basics are fairly well understood, I've reworked my system enough
over the past few years. My hands are not on his keyboard, and his
knowledge is so far above mine, that herein lies the problem. I've
forwarded the link Peter suggested, hopefully it is written in a language
that Tom, my son , will understand. He is a gifted young man, if i may
boast, and should be an asset to this community if we can get him over this
initial hump.