[mythtv-users] filename vs DB data: post UTC conversion

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Aug 14 18:09:15 UTC 2015

On Friday, August 14, 2015 06:24:02 AM Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/13/2015 08:50 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > I found this using a script that I had to reconcile DB entries with files on disk that composed the expected file name from the recorded table data. Now I'd like to update that script so it isn't so simple-minded.
>
> Why not use:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>
> which uses the MythTV Python bindings, which ask MythTV for the
> information required, which means that the script needs to know nothing
> about the internal workings of MythTV?

Only because it wasn't available and/or didn't provide what I wanted back when (I think, it's been many years) I had collected up a bunch of 0-byte recordings from a bug in the slow-delete function and wanted to make a db/files/thumbnails reporter.And it was a bit of a learning exercise. Can't remember why I didn't use the Perl bindings, but it was easy enough to use a mysql query to get db info and then simple Perl-Fu to do the filesystem stuff. If I had used the 'basename' field as Bill said (thanks!), I would never have had the problem.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca