[mythtv-users] share shows in car.

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Fri Aug 14 01:33:25 UTC 2015

On 14-Aug-15 11:21 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 08/12/2015 11:00 PM, Michael Watson wrote:
> < snip>
>
>> .I also run a
>> Temp Sensor / Munin and gpsd with a USB GPS Receiver - but I am yet to
>> find an android client for gpsd that works well
>
> Check Playstation for 'Marine Navigation' apps. There are a number, At
> least 5. each of which does some things well or displays what you
> want, in a meaningful manner. Which one you like will depend on the
> data you want.
>
> Also you might want to use  BluetoothGPS which allows you to use a
> Bluetooth GPS to feed data to the android device. I use BluetoothGps
> with an old IBT757 GPS logger, which has a solar panel for battery
> recharging! I put the GPS under the sunroof, holding it in place with
> the sliding cove so the data feed is wireless.
>
> Geoff

What I am after is a way for the android device to connect to 'gpsd'
running on the raspberry pi and feed the gps data into something like
google maps.  There seem to be plenty that will share a gps device on an
android with another android.
With the gps attached to the Pi, I can already get all the data I want
for logging purposes.