[mythtv-users] filename vs DB data: post UTC conversion

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Aug 14 00:50:20 UTC 2015

Along the way from 0.21 to 0.27 is a UTC conversion, which I have done.

But now I see my old 0.21 recording file names, named before UTC, do not match their mythconverg data (table: recorded, field: starttime) the way they used to. I played some and they work, and scrolling through them re-generated thumbnails, so they are being read.

For example:

1022    2011-12-25 07:00:00     Austin City Limits      Tom Waits

should look for a file called 1022_20111225070000.mpg but the recording file is actually 1022_20111225000000.mpg.

New recordings are being named with the UTC starttime.

Somewhere, then, something is making the translation to read my old recording files from the recorded table's chanid + '_' + un-UTC(starttime).

Where is that?

I found this using a script that I had to reconcile DB entries with files on disk that composed the expected file name from the recorded table data. Now I'd like to update that script so it isn't so simple-minded.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca