[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Aug 13 15:47:37 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 05:28:15PM +0000, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:21 AM Stephen Villano <
> stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Just last night my wife asked me to start up her playlist for the first
> > > time since I upgraded from 0.24 to 0.27.4. I could see all my playlists
> > > were there. I couldn't figure out how to just select one and get it
> > > playing.
> > >
> > > Doesn't pass *my* acceptance test.
> >
> > It appears that some changes haven't been very popular.
> > Does anyone *like* MythMusic in its current version?
>

> I'm going to save everyone a lot of time. Some users don't like the new
> mythmusic. The people that created the new mythmusic do like it. So if you
> don't like it, you have 3 options.

   That snark overlooks the fact that it was fine the way it was before.
Someone got it in his head that something that wasn't broken needed fixed.
Then he went away in a huff when he actually got some real feedback about
all of his changes. Unfortunately, it was too late then becaues his damage
had already been done.

   The entire thing was mismanaged.

   Perhaps some feedback should have been obtained before stabotaging what
was a perfectly decent plugin.

   Why should the rest of us have to clean up the mess or even be inconvenienced
really?

   There are plenty of examples in MythTV where your attitude doesn't just
make you look like a total jackass. This isn't one of them.