[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:13:51 UTC 2015

On 08/13/2015 01:08 AM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015, 10:03 PM Stephen P. Villano
> <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com <mailto:stephen.p.villano at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 08/12/2015 04:45 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>     > "If someone were to recode
>     > the old ...".
>     Gary,
>
>     "If someone were to recode
>     the old ...". means to non-coders, if someone *else* were to
>     recode it, as they've not got a clue or a good idea.
>     Oddly, whenever I've used those very words, developers understood
>     a request forming and asked for parameters for function, user
>     interface, etc.

> Out in the real world developers are paid for their time. And
> companies still make large sweeping ui changes without consulting
> users (see the ms office ribbon, windows 8, etc). But go ahead and
> keep preaching how it's only open source that is doing this and how
> software is so much better in the "real world".

> Thomas Mashos

I also recall some significant resistance to offering that new Microsoft
Office product, waiting until the previous version was no longer
supported to upgrade.
I also experienced major UI changes that caused projects in corporations
to fail, as end user input wasn't sought, which I thought I alluded to.
Don't even get me started on Windows 8, onward, which is being heavily
resisted by quite a few corporations.
Why offer a project that emulates those factors that create rejection?
"You're holding it wrong" switched me to Android.