[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 15:32:26 UTC 2015

On 12/08/2015 13:09, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been using mythtv for so long I can't remember when I started with it.
> I always liked it and my family has happily adopted it.
<snip>
> The part that did fail miserably however on the '7 year old
> acceptance' test was music.
>
> There is no way I could explain, or that the 7 year old (capable of
> reading by now) could figure out was how to put on the music the 7
> year old wanted to hear.
>
> I must say that even I find it troublesome to put on music through mythmusic.
>
> So my question:
> Anybody who has managed to integrate an easy to use interface for
> his/her music collection in mythtv ?
> One that can pass both family acceptance tests ?

I've ended up managing music outside of Myth. I run Music Player Daemon
(http://www.musicpd.org/) on my main frontend.  was very easy to setup,
and can be controlled from many places (there are free Android and iOS
clients as well as desktop and commandline clients).

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started