[mythtv-users] family acceptance test.

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:09:01 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I've been using mythtv for so long I can't remember when I started with it.
I always liked it and my family has happily adopted it.

The 'misses acceptance' test has been passed many times over without
any problems, Even with the adoption of 3rd party features like
netflix.

However in the past years a new requirement has been added.

This can be called the '7 year old acceptence' test.

most parts of mythtv pass this test easily.
Including the 3rd party netflix additions.
(which has received an extremely high score in the '7 year old' test
if I may say so)

Live tv watching however barely passed , but this was not to blame on
mythtv, but on the fact that live tv does not allow binge viewing of
'my little pony', 'bob the builder' and similar shows.

netvision was also discovered, how to use it was deduced rather
quickly, and soon supervision on the selection from youtube was
required.

The part that did fail miserably however on the '7 year old
acceptance' test was music.

There is no way I could explain, or that the 7 year old (capable of
reading by now) could figure out was how to put on the music the 7
year old wanted to hear.

I must say that even I find it troublesome to put on music through mythmusic.

So my question:
Anybody who has managed to integrate an easy to use interface for
his/her music collection in mythtv ?
One that can pass both family acceptance tests ?

Cheers
Rob