[mythtv-users] CCI Copy Freely Letter Campaign

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:42:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I put my keystrokes where my mouth is (err... you know what I
> mean):
>
> btw, it occurred to me, that if you want to increase the FUD factor,
> and perhaps gather more signatures (I still think it is tilting at
> windmills, but it is your energy), you might point out that reportedly
> Frontier FIOS follows the TWC way (pretty much everything other
> than local OTAs set to copy_once) rather than the Verizon FIOS
> way (pretty much everything copy_freely), and as a lot of people get
> tossed from Verizon to Frontier and the engineering integration is
> complete (which will take some time), they may find themselves
> in a pile of copy_once dung.  And, of course, maybe it won't happen
> that way.
>
> Btw, Verizon really does not care (any more) about the customers
> they are throwing over to Frontier (which is not everyone, but is
> a lot), so you might want to consider adding Frontier to the list
> (not that they likely care, since most of the FOX nationals have
> been reported to be copy_once for some time).

I'm on charter in the midwest and so far fox nationals are not copy once,
if and when they do that I will re evaluate my options.  They are just
making it worst for themselves in the long run, all of the shows can be
found on the net rather easily but they just keep making it harder and
harder for the folks that are paying them for the content.

Oh well at some point it will hopefully get better, but you have to wonder.