[mythtv-users] Mythvideo categories

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Aug 10 18:33:21 UTC 2015

On 10/08/15 19:03, Jack McGee wrote:

> Thanks, I tried to install phpmyadmin but that is not working
> correctly, and rather than track that down also, does anyone have a
> mysql command I can use to delete categories?
> I am certain no videos are using the categories I want to delete.

To delete the 'Test' category :-
DELETE FROM videocategory WHERE category = 'Test';

To see what categories are defined :-
SELECT * FROM videocategory;

To see if category 'Test' is referenced by videometadata :
SELECT title FROM videometadata LEFT JOIN videocategory ON
videometadata.category = videocategory.intid WHERE
videocategory.category = 'Test';

Paul H.