[mythtv-users] %DIR% doesn't work on EventCmdRecStarted System Event

José Silva jsantossilva at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:58:19 UTC 2015

Hello Hika, thank you for your support.

On 09-08-2015 19:44, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi José,
>
> Sunday, August 9, 2015, 8:18:56 PM, you wrote:

>> As a proof-of-concept, I hardcoded the %DIR% to the real path on the
>> System Event window:
>> cd /home/mythtv/bin/hdpvr2;./HDPVR2-testApp -f
>> /home/user/mythtv/recordings/%FILE%
>
>> and it works as expected. I also changed the LiveTV to use the same folder.
>
>> Another problem arose, outside of this context, which is, it's not
>> allowed to the capture card "import recorder" to use the change channel
>> mechanism although it has a field to input the call to the external
>> program. Not a bug, just a nuisance loose end that prevents me from
>> progressing.
>
>> jss
>
> In your script, you could query the db for the storage group and the
> directories in that storage group. And then if more then one directory
> is in that group iterate over them for the right location!
>

> Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Yes, you're quite right but, as these paths are under my command, it's
probably easier to hardcode them although, if I forget and change one,
it's not going to work. It would be much better if the bug was fixed.

Anyway, at the moment I'm much more concerned how to change the channel
on my STP using the IR blaster, once the dev has deliberately forbid
this card (import recorder) to do it, as I say above. Do you have any idea?

Rgds,
jss