[mythtv-users] Update to Mint 17.2 broke wakeup function.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 01:14:55 UTC 2015

On 08/08/2015 04:46 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 08/08/2015 06:25 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>> No, This is all that is there:
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 syslog adm  7315371 Aug  8 16:24 mythbackend.log
>
> Also see if the user running the program has write permission there:
>
>     ls -ld /var/log/mythtv
>
> You might find the directory is now owned by: syslog:adm too.
>
> mythbackend --setverbose system,idle will add more logging.
> Then check /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log.

It occurs to me that there is nothing in the recording que, nothing I have scheduled to record appears in the schedule for the
two weeks of schedule that schedules direct provides.
Does mythTV still run the setwakeup.sh script if it knows of nothing to record?
This would seem like a bug to me, it should at least wakeup and download a new schedule to see if anything it needs to record
showed up.

If this is indeed the problem, should I set a wakeup time in the checklogin.sh script (one that would get overwritten by the
setwakeup.sh script if it is run?

I'm going to schedule something that will record in the next few days, and see if that makes a difference.