[mythtv-users] A little help clarifying dummy tuners and HD ringbuffers

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:23:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Cody Hofstetter <codyhofstetter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tom,
>
> The errors I'm seeing are when viewing the frontend/backend logs trying to
> get LiveTV working. The GUI portion of the backend that lists the tuners
> looks exactly the same for me as it does in the wiki setup. Card type
> (network tuner). Below that Device ID (mine is the 13133E73
> mentioned earlier). The tuners are working because I can record and watch
> the recordings perfectly, just issues with the LiveTV. As
> Michael mentioned earlier "Myth does recording/scheduling well, LiveTV not
> so good". I got a good laugh out of that one.

Yeah im running Kodi as my frontend but the only issues I had were how to
get recording and livetv to play nice, but number the tuners from opposite
ends as it regards to livetv vs recording solved those issues for me.
Actually I think the mythtv frontend is better in some respects byt I use
Kodi for all of my movies and other media so its a better fit for me.  I
have not seen the issues you are having, watching live tv and changing
channels just works.