[mythtv-users] No Display on Frontend

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Aug 7 07:35:39 UTC 2015

On 06/08/15 18:05, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 8/6/2015 9:46 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

>>> Make sure you have the correct video drivers installed and
>>> configured? Any error or warning messages in the xorg log or the
>>> frontend log after this sequence of events?
>>>

>> I've carefully gone over the log and just don't see anything that
>> jumps out at me. For this host, I have the Intel open source drivers
>> installed from 01.org. For the other host, I have the Nvidia closed
>> source drivers installed.
>>
>> Again, it's the weird thing where it just doesn't fire off the *first*
>> time. Once I get the menu displayed through restarts or somehow
>> getting a program displayed, all seems to be fine.
>
> Oh, yeah, could this be a 0.27.4 bug? I've been lazy about upgrading to
> 0.27.5.

There are 2 fixes in 0.27.5 ([1] and [2]) which resolve an issue at
*playback* time when trying to use OpenGL

[1] -
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/a848edd7a4450db1c0eb839cc41ebdd6c6b2dbb6
[2] -
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8b6d4da2a185e7b07c432267dc9fb80075f9565c

However, I don't believe this will resolve your issue, as the menus
were all still available and visible before this change, it was just
playback that was affected.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie