[mythtv-users] Cutlist editor and bookmarks in master

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 5 23:13:24 UTC 2015

On 02/08/15 18:16, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 02/08/15 17:48, Roger Siddons wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 14:13:03 +0100, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  > Recordings that have been cut start frontend playback about 2 minutes
>>  > in. I can jump back to the beginning but I haven't found a way of
>>  > clearing the delay; it doesn't seem to be a bookmark. Playback via
>>  > UPnP starts at the beginning.
>>  >
>>  > Anyone else seeing this - or have any ideas?
>>  >

>> Could it be a MARK_UTIL_PROGSTART (40) or MARK_UTIL_LASTPLAYPOS (41)
>> from https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11713 ?
>>

> Yes, I think so.  It had occurred to me that 2 minutes is my specified
> pre-roll, and my cutting script clears the cutlist, so comment 11
> applies.  I'll dig a bit deeper.  Thanks.  Do programmes somewhere
> *really* start at the advertised time?

I've gone back to almost the start of this thread to add a comment.  I
hadn't made many recordings on this system, and many of those had been
short tests, but during playback it did seem that transmission of some
of the scheduled recordings must have started early, quite close to the
start of my pre-roll.  Strange.  Now all is clear...

John